DISTRICT ORATORICAL CONTEST
Topic: “Staying Optimistic in Challenging Times”
District Contests WILL BE Held in person with a Hybrid Component
Date: Preliminaries – May 7, 2022 @ 9:00 am (5 students will advance to the finals)
Finals –morning of May 7th
Club/Zone entries to District MUST be received no later than April 15, 2022 by District Chair. (See chair info below.)
1. Clubs may advance up to two contestants to the District level.
2. District contest is non-gender specific.
If your club is still holding separate male/female contests, make sure you are using the same judges for both contests. You will advance the winner who scored the highest to the District contest.
3. District contest fee is $50.00 per entry.
4. Please contact the chair (noted below) and let her know if you are OR are not having a club contest. (Lt. Gov. please let me know if you are having a zone contest.) IF a zone has the minimum of three contestants and wants to hold a zone contest, that winner will advance directly to the District finals.
5. Everything you need (except your judges of course) can be found in the Club Planning Guide found here: https://optimist.org/documents/programs/2022/2021-22_Oratorical_Club_Planning_Guide.pdf
- Page 3 has the application
- Page 14 has the entry form for the District level
6. Please do not hesitate to reach out to the District Oratorical Chair, Sue Creswell with any questions.
** District Winner will advance to the Regional compeition.
District Chair: Sue Creswell, 201 Walton Ct., Reading, PA 19606
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Cell #: 610-721-4742
(calls after 4:00 are best)
"How Does an Optimistic Mindset Change My Tomorrow?"
Club Winners must be submitted yo the Ditrict Level by February 28, 2022
]There is a $15.00 Entry fee, made payable to OI Atlantic Central District.
Visit http://www.optimist.org/scholarships for more detailed participation and judging rules.
The District Chiar foe the Essay Contest is Anne Pyle. All club winners' essays may be sent to: 600 Farmingdale Drive, Douglasville, PA 19518
If you have any questions, pease email Anne at email@example.com
Atlantic Central District Optimist International
Copyright © 2023 Atlantic Central District Optimist International - All Rights Reserved.